- What is the Wi-Fi information?
- Network ID: Elks Lounge
- Password: 683lodge
- What are Elks?
- A fraternal order with hundreds of thousands of members and a 150+ year history.
- A network of nearly 2000 lodges in communities all over the country.
- A generous charitable foundation that each year gives millions in scholarships, an inspiration to youth, a friend to veterans and more.
The Elks organization was founded in New York City on February 16, 1868, under the name “Jolly Corks” by 15 actors, entertainers and others associated with the theater. In ensuing years, membership expanded to other professions.
This Fraternal Order was founded “To promote and practice the four cardinal virtues of Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love and Fidelity; to promote the welfare and enhance the happiness of its members; to quicken the spirit of American Patriotism and cultivate good fellowship.”
- What is the organization’s mission?
“To inculcate the principles of Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love and Fidelity; to recognize a belief in God; to promote the welfare and enhance the happiness of its Members; to quicken the spirit of American patriotism; to cultivate good fellowship; to perpetuate itself as a fraternal organization, and to provide for its government, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the United States of America will serve the people and communities through benevolent programs, demonstrating that Elks Care and Elks Share.”
- How do I join?
The Order is a non-political, non-sectarian and strictly American fraternity. Proposal for membership in the Order is only by invitation of a member in good standing. To be accepted as a member, one must be an American citizen, believe in God, be of good moral character and be at least 21 years old.
- How do you serve the community?
The Order spends more than $80,000,000 every year for benevolent, educational and patriotic community-minded programs in such fields as benefiting special needs children, sponsoring Elks National Foundation scholarships, scouting, athletic teams, veterans’ works, a national “Hoop Shoot” free-throw contest involving more than 3 million children, physical and occupational therapy programs and patriotic programs.
The youth of our country have always been important to the Order. It is for this reason the Elks Drug Awareness Education Program was launched to warn primary grade students and their parents of the dangers in drug use. Additionally, every lodge observes June 14th as Flag Day, a tradition which the Elks began in 1907 and was later adopted by the Congress as an official observance.
- What benefits do you have for members?
- Bar and lounge with some of the most reasonable prices in town
- Friday night dinner specials
- Spacious outside covered pavilion and a BBQ pit to accommodate summer events
- Updated banquet hall to host parties
- Bingo on Thursday night at 7:00 PM with $1,300 in prizes
- Sunday breakfast from 9:00 – 11:00 AM
- Commercial grade kitchen
- Game room with ping pong, shuffle board and pool table
- Live music, trivia, and karaoke nights
- A chance to get involved in your community and meet great people
- What are some of the club amenities?
We specialize in graduation parties, family reunions, holiday gatherings, office functions, birthday bashes, bridal showers, weddings, chicken BBQ’s, and retirement celebrations.
We have three venues to host your event:
- Outdoor covered pavilion with 2,600 square feet of space to accommodate up to 180 guests including picnic tables
- Inside banquet hall with 2,300 square feet of space to accommodate up to 150 guests comfortably sitting down
- Inside bar lounge with 800 square feet of space to accommodate up to 40 guests
Call us now at (518) 477-9947 for more details. A friendly member of our team will be happy to help you plan your most memorable occasion today. We have hosted great events for over 60 years and our organization has been a proud supporter of our community.
- What is there to do for families and children?
We hold regular events for children including: family bingo, Summer carnival, Summer Science Series in partnership with the East Greenbush Community Library, Kids Easter Egg Hunt, Kids Christmas Party, Arts & Craft events, Snowman making contest, Water balloon wars, and other fun and games.
- How long has the Lodge been around?
The Lodge was founded in Rensselaer, NY in 1959.
- What can you explain about the organizational structure of the Lodge?
- Board of Trustees – responsible for the building, property and contracts
- Lodge Secretary – the sponsor of our Lodge
- Treasurer – handles all monies
- Exalted Ruler – the Lodge Manager / CEO
- Esteemed Leading Knight – Chair Officer
- Esteemed Loyal Knight – Chair Officer
- Esteemed Lecturing Knight – Chair Officer
- Are you on social media:
Linked In: 2073elks
- How can I get involved?
Contact us today in one of following ways: